Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Can this Boiler Flue be reduced in size? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,
I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British Gas (valiant brand). The external boiler flue seems excessively tall, proving to be somewhat of an eye sore (please see pictures attached). I know it has to be 300mm from a vent , but it is much taller than this.

Could you help with:
1) Does it in fact need to be this high to meet with building regs / functionality or can it be reduced and still meet requirements.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319-131349.png
    Screenshot_20240319-131349.png
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20240319-131425.png
    Screenshot_20240319-131425.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
Aslong as it’s 300mm above the vents yes It could be shorter best speak to the fitters

Thanks for the reply.

Well supposedly my did have a word but they were talking alot of jargon, but believe they were just trying overwhelm him with the jargon as they did not want to have to remove it and then cut it down to size.

Is this something you have to get a certified gas safe registered person out to do this, or could you do this yourself as it seems a matter of simply removing the vertical pipe, cut it half say and then reattach everything + bracket to keep it secure?

Thanks for the reply.

Well supposedly my did have a word but they were talking alot of jargon, but believe they were just trying overwhelm him with the jargon as they did not want to have to remove it and then cut it down to size.

Is this something you have to get a certified gas safe registered person out to do this, or could you do this yourself as it seems a matter of simply removing the vertical pipe, cut it half say and then reattach everything + bracket to keep it secure?

Have to get the installers to do it else you could have problems with warranty etc or pay a gas safe engineer to do it

Reply to Can this Boiler Flue be reduced in size? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hoping to get some sound advice regarding combi boiler sizing for a large 3 Bed House. We are refurbishing the house and plan to strip...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a few questions regarding a boiler in my father-in-laws place that I'm very worried about and would like advice. My father-in-law...
Replies
Views
We have concerns about the closeness of our boiler flue to the neighbours velux window. Conditions permitting and the window open the flue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock