Discuss Can I fit a boiler, and then have it certified by a qualified gas fitter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
was wondering if it's possible to install a new boiler myself and then pay to have it checked by a certified gas safe registered engineer.
I'm currently a Petty officer in the Royal navy serving on a nuclear submarine. I have a Hons degree in marine engineering and I am a CAT B nuclear Engineer. I think what I'm trying to say is I have 8 yrs experience in multi engineering disciplines i.e hydraulics, electrics, Gas turbines, and nuclear propulsion. If I had the time I would love to qualify as a certified gas safe engineer.At the moment I spend a lot of time away. I'm not trying to save money, but by fitting the boiler myself it's just to have the pleasure of installing a boiler and possibly installing the central heating in my self-build house when I finish in the navy. If it's a no go, then I'll look into becoming gas safe certified myself.
Many thanks for reading this.

only done this once,... still have the odd sleepless night.

Plus if you had a few million nuclear propulsion units like there is boilers there would be a lot more leaks and issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I fit a boiler, and then have it certified by a qualified gas fitter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
I have a friend who has offered to fit my new boiler to save on costs. He is competent but is retired and no longer gas safe registered. Is he...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking for any gas engineers vacancies in the north west if any engineers/companies can help me out. I have just completed an Managed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock