Discuss Can anyone identify this shower mixer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xmfclick

I have an old shower mixer that has worked just fine for ages. Now the grommets inside the body have worn to the point where there is a constant leak even when the shower is turned to the "Off" position. The problem is that I can't find any markings on the unit to tell me the make and model, so I haven't got anywhere to start looking for new grommets. I have put some photos of the unit up on my website, here ...

[DLMURL]http://rmack.co.uk/shower[/DLMURL]

Can anyone identify the unit?

Many thanks,
Click

Last edited by a moderator:
its an old nu team shower,very old,late eighties I think,will not get parts for it now,if it is just 'o' rings you if you take it to your local plumbers merchant,you may find the size you require in their 'o'ring box. anything more than that and you will be snookered

its an old nu team shower,very old,late eighties I think,will not get parts for it now,if it is just 'o' rings you if you take it to your local plumbers merchant,you may find the size you require in their 'o'ring box. anything more than that and you will be snookered

Aha! Thanks, that rings a bell, and yes, it was installed around 1986-87. I don't know if you'd call them O-rings -- to me they are more of a grommet, but then I'm not a plumber -- but it's a rubber thngummy that the water passes through on its way from the inlet to the mixing chamber. A spring pushes the thingummy against a nylon plate and as you turn the plate (via the knob on the front) it exposes more or less of a teardrop-shaped hole, thus allowing more or less hot and cold water into the mixing chamber.

So, if I'm not likely to get new grommets, do you know of another mixer that would fit the existing pipework? Otherwise it's a messy job, breaking into the wall and re-jigging the pipework to suit a modern mixer.

Thanks!

The inners you mention do not have 'o' rings,as you say they are soft rubber caps pushed onto ceramic surface by springs,these are not available now to the best of my knowledge

There also is not a shower that fits on that pipework,however any alteration should only involve the one tile

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone identify this shower mixer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back