Discuss C M Services in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazsl

Gas Engineer
As anyone had anything to do with cm services is it a scam they want a £1900+vat deposit to give you a year contract to supply you with work

It's a total scam mate, don't even think about thinking about it :lol:

As above
Any company wanting that sort of dosh up front, are scammers imo.

Not again, is this the same lot from Scotland using yet another name ? How do they keep getting away with it ? same old con, offering work in your area, only got a few days to decide , send us your money we want to buy a new car and book a holiday, honestly are people still falling for this S--T.

Offer to pay them a percentage of the works they get you.

Or offer to pay them per lead.

Offer them any alternatives to paying total amount up front.

See what they say.....let us know.

I have an interview with them at 10am today. i take it I should cancel that then!!!

Well,Well, Well, Just had the email from CM services ! and guess what they are in Scotland (Glasgow) coming out with same old BS, offing 500 property's for 2k + vat, guarantee to get your deposit back, Is there loop-hole in Scottish law that lets these people do this ? as this scam has been running for a few years now albeit under different names, but same format, how meny new engineers will fall for it this time ? how long B4 CM change there name ? and start the same con ! Why cant anything be done about it ? maybe some members from north of the Border can through some light on it, or maybe we should just rebuild the Wall, plenty of bricky's out of work.

I've just been offered the contract for 500 properties in the Doncaster area!! Have to pay £2280 up front. Are you saying that this is a scam? I phoned up an engineer that has also got a contract from them and he says they provide a decent amount of work!! What should I do?

I've no idea about it, I know about them or the various different names they have been under for the last 4 years?
I really hope no one is daft enough to fall for it but if it was criminal and illegal then surely they would be shut down?

I've just been offered the contract for 500 properties in the Doncaster area!! Have to pay £2280 up front. Are you saying that this is a scam? I phoned up an engineer that has also got a contract from them and he says they provide a decent amount of work!! What should I do?

rest your brain cell, then go for a pint.

I had this email a few months back, I made a couple of suggestions and wished him luck!

cant find the email but was something along the lines of...

if they dropped the requested fee to £700 they may get more uptake I mean 4x£700 is better then 1x£1900

also they should consider moving away from Scotland as it's common knowledge that they are the same outfit re running the same scam under a new title

also that using a 1&1 website builder doesn't give the image of a large outfit with lots of property's to manage, the logo is used by at least 5 different builders and roofers in my area

i requested to be removed from the mailing list as I wouldn't be parting with any money but I wished them all the luck with their endeavours as the more people they can rip off and put under the less competition out there for me.

funnily enough I never got a reply

Wounder if they are using same engineer, who claimed he had a few engineers working for him, when it got checked out it was only him. part with your money and say by by to it, ask them who they have got these 500 property's from, if Doncaster is anything like Plymouth all the letting agents have their own contacts and have had for years, ask them to give you the names of some local agents they are covering work for, Don't be a mug and fall for their BS ! bet they offered you other areas when you want to expand ? at £2200. of course look back o some old posts on here you will see what is going on.

Afaik there is no legal loophole. They are just determined bstds.
Unfortunately there are always gullible or desperate people out there who fall for it and they don't need big numbers to make a very good living.

Funny enough, I'm sure we got offered 400 properties in the lothians when we done some digging with them...

Actually I should have set up a meeting at a high street coffee shop near lots of agents. And asked which ones they have work from then suggested as they are asking for a large sum of money he won't mind taking a walk in just to make sure what they claim checks out. Really make them sweat

Did you phone just the 1 engineer? Did you get his number from this same company? This is a load of bollx! They have been National Utility Solutions among many other names. This is an email from them from 2012;

Dear Sir.

I have been asked to speak to Companies in the area with a view to implementing a suitable company to look after a number of tenanted properties on behalf of our clients. These are located in and around Sheffield area. This is in relevance to the ongoing gas works and subsequent maintenance requirements over the next 24 months.

For the last 2 or 3 weeks I have been in contact with a number of engineers and we are slowly compiling our shortlist of interested parties. If the below Contract sounds like something that could benefit your company and/or you would like some further information, then please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Andy Sinclair
NUSLtdGa.jpg

Contract Ref 200482
Postcode area (S) Sheffield

Duration 2 Years (24months)

What we are
NUS Ltd are fast becoming the UK's Leading expert in Facility Management for a wide range of National corporate blue chip Clients, we offer our clients a wide range of services ranging from full property Maintenance to IT to even getting a property Valued for sale or rent so we make it effortless for our clients to get the work done to the high standards they expect.
The Clients
The Clients we hold contracts with are some of the largest in the UK with our company working with Banking Groups, Insurance Companies, Student Accommodation and Construction Companies to name a few.
What We Want.
NUS Ltd are looking for a gas safe registered Engineer/Company in the S area to cover a work load of 439 Properties incorporated in to your diary over the 2 year period of this domestic Contract.
What you will be asked to do.
If you were selected for this contract NUS Ltd would require you to be able to cover -
Landlord Safety Certificate (CP12) As required on a yearly basis within rental properties will also provide a Service at the same time.
Breakdown/Repairs Covering all breakdowns and repairs with in Properties.
Callouts Providing a 24hrs Response time to our clients (not 24hrs)(optional)
Plumbing Covering all Plumbing work within properties
Installations Services - Bathroom Install (Optional), Boiler Installs.
Prices for work will be explained to company.
Payment Terms
NUS Ltd work to a strictly 30 day payment terms Paid directly in to the Contractors Account.

Please click this link to view our testimonials by contractors who are currently working on such contracts.

Audit

The Contract will be based on a 24 Month Period and there will be an audit done every 3 months on 3.5% of the work. This is something that our clients have requested that we are required to do as part of the agreement we have in place. As you will probably imagine, this in turn also makes sure all service levels are being met and ensure all relevant feedback is being given to all parties involved.

Contracts Fee

The S Postal Code area contract is completely free to apply for and there is absolutely no fee required in order to find out more information or to be considered for the contract.

The Contractors Fee is in place as we no longer take any commission from our Contractors for any work that is issued out and completed throughout the duration of this contract. This is due to previous experiences when running similar contracts within the UK.

In the past we have found by only working on a commission basis, there is no firm level of commitment in place, resulting in the level of service we were receiving and the reliability of the Engineer to be much lower than what both ourselves and our Clients would expect.

By stopping the commission structure and implementing the Contractors Fee at the start of the contract, we have now established that the commitment levels between ourselves and our Contractors have drastically improved resulting in better workmanship and a better all round services being offered to our clients.

Also from a completely selfish point of view, we have to ensure we are attracting the best possible Companies to these contracts and removing the timewasters from the process from day one.
The Contractors Fee for the Sheffield area is a one off fee of £1726+VAT.
This is only made payable for the contract if you were to be the selected Company and implemented for the contract. This would be paid on commencement of the contract only, there are no more financial obligations throughout the duration of the contract.

If you feel that you are the right company or engineer for this contract and can deliver the service requirements for our National Clients and would like to find out more regarding the Contract opportunity then please either fill in the Vendors form by clicking the link provided and a member of the team will contact you back and cover all you enquiries and explain the types of work and the areas in question that you will be covering.

If you feel this contract is for you please fill out the vendors application form as Linked Contractors Vendor form online or call me Andy Sinclair on 01563 535 769.

Kind Regards

Andy Sinclair

Contracts Consultant
NUS Ltd
Tel: 01563 535769
[email protected]

Fall for this shyte at your peril my friend as there are loads of posts on the forum going back 2-3 years. I can see how it would be tempting if you are a new business but you have been warned!!

Last edited:
This should be reported to trading standards every time anyone get's an email from them.

Also, if you were spammed you can report them to the ICO.

Wow - buying in work.
If they wanted to develop ongoing partnerships at a local level to meet the needs of their clients - why would they charge for that lol

Ask for their company number and look at their account submissions at company house.

Obviously the will be limited and if they are operating nationally with 500 properties per-every town from various local associations I make it 10s of thousands of properties meaning multi million cash flow. If there talking out there butt the account turnover wont tally big time

There may be a small charge for accessing the info. But if your serious about dropping 2k on a contract then its small fry and will reveal telling info re the owners / company liquidity

But I think we all know what the answer is
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
HI,

unfortunatley my company signed up for this scam and is the process of legaly trying to recover the £1900 + vat they we paid out, i also know of 2 others that are owed there deposits back and also the best part of £10,000 on top.

i am trying to find out as much about them i.e any previous companies that they had and also if anybody else has been stug with them, so i can then build a case against them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i want to stop them taking anybody elses hard earned money!

Pop back in later on and bump your post up the activity screen there are a few here who were caught out when they opperated under former names and trading titles. I'm not sure who but I remember reading a post a year back where one of us had traced then directors through their previous 4 company's all carrying the same scam, so come back and ask around 6-8pm when the forum traffic is higher. Or look for old threads with titles like pond scum and you may stumble across it.

Also get in touch with don't get done get dom. See if mr littlewood can help seeing as you already know a few people caught by it

HI,

unfortunatley my company signed up for this scam and is the process of legaly trying to recover the £1900 + vat they we paid out, i also know of 2 others that are owed there deposits back and also the best part of £10,000 on top.

i am trying to find out as much about them i.e any previous companies that they had and also if anybody else has been stug with them, so i can then build a case against them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i want to stop them taking anybody elses hard earned money!

HI,

Unfortunately my company any has also fallen for this scam I'm 6 month into a 12 month contract with cm services and guess what I've never heard from cm services since I've paid my deposit! I was told the deposit needed to be paid ASAP as work was ready this week and I would make the money I spent on deposit back in 1 week as there was so much sitting there, I don't think il get work and I'm in the process of communication with trading standards now! There a Glasgow based company which work to the rules of English law??? So if I take them to court il need to go to England as I'm from Edinburgh , I'm supposed to be covering the eh post code, I'm sure if you are supposed to be covering an English post code they will conform to the rules of Scottish law, I'm at the point where I'm just going to go through to there office and take my money back as I think they will liquidate the company before the 12 months are up
If anyone can help who is in the process of legal action your help would be appreciated , they guys are the lowest of the low in my eyes absolute scum praying on new businesses trying to establish them self , I'm actually doin well with work just now but at the time I paid them I was busy but struggling with all the expenses that come with starting your own business , I gave them the deposit they asked for when I never really had it putting myself under real pressure for a few weeks, these guys don't have morals ,

I'm still stunned ANYONE paid them 2K up front.....

Its one of those statistical things. We all fall for a scam at some point in our lives - even if its just believing that "she was the one". For these scamming scum, it doesn't matter if 999 people out of 1000 dismiss them immediately, it only needs one in a 1000 to be vulnerable - say setting up a business, or just temporarily blinded to the nastiness of their fellow humans.

I think that the punishment ought to be to lock them in the Plumbers arms one dark night, with the CCTV switched off for a few hours. I think the re-offending rate would plummet to zero.

Why haven`t they featured on "Watchdog" yet? Or have they under one of the many previous names?

It's an absolute joke they can do this to people and obviously get away with it, who can I report them to? My uncle has a big plumbing business I asked him advise he reckons I should join snipef as they have a legal team who would fight it for free in court if you are a member

Guess who emailed today.
7epu5e2y.jpg
a8esemat.jpg
5ape2e4e.jpg
me4e5uha.jpg
evyqy9yp.jpg

In case it isnt clear. This company is a complete scam. They are con artist scum for whom corporal punishment is too lax.

everyone should email or ring tonight 6-9pm just to annoy the sausage

Ive had the exact same email as above. Was gonna pay but I had a funny feeling bout this so started checking up on the internet and found all this!! Glad I did as I was thinking bout paying em tomorrow, dont know how they get away with it. Might av some fun with them on the phone see how long I can string em along!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to C M Services in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new worcester bosch. 1000 combi boiler to replace 18yr old vokera. No problems with new boiler. Enquiring about yearly maintenance /...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi boiler that was installed just over 6 years ago. It has been serviced annually, the most recent service being...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Back