Discuss Buderus boiler stops delivering heat after a while.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jouannyr

Hi all,

My heating system at home is a Buderus 500 Combi boiler, with TRV's in all rooms except the living room where I have the room stat located.

I've recently had a new flow & safety sensor installed following errors that they needed replacing. This worked for a short while before the pump gave up so we've now had a new pump fitted. All parts were replaced with exact models that Buderus recommend.

The heating works now, although it has one remaining problem

It comes on, as expected at a set time and the boiler fires up great, rads get nice and hot (CH water temp is reported at around 78 degrees) and will run for an hour or so kicking out plenty of heat... Then just as the room stat reaches temperature, the flame symbol doesn't get a chance to switch off, and the boiler returns an error stating:

"0E The boiler is in ready mode. There is a current heat requirement, but too much energy has been supplied"

Then after 10 minutes this fault clears, the boiler goes about its business again but does not fully fire up and only heats the CH water temp to between 40 and 50 degrees (and barely enough to re-trigger the room stat to go off) before it will eventually reset itself again when it reports the same above error.

I'm at a loss to explain what it is, and the full servicing and troubleshooting manual suggests troubleshooting for all error codes other than this one!

Any suggestions or advice would be most helpful - I'm an electrical engineer (not a heating engineer!) so most troubleshooting is fine for me but I don't have much heating system experience

Cheers,

Rich

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Sorry Rich, you'll have to get someone in to have a look!

Hi APPlumbing,

I'm not Gas Safe registered as I'm not a gas engineer / plumber by trade, I'm an electrical engineer troubleshooting issues with my own CH boiler.

I'm not touching anything related to the gas side of things (I've replaced two sensors and a pump since we bought the property - my own gas engineer who I've used to gas up my new kitchen hob suggested I replace these myself seeing as I work on pretty complex electrical systems - CCTV installations) so didn't know I would need to be registered to get any advice on here.

If it means I can't get any assistance then that's fair enough as it's your rules. :)

Cheers,

Rich

sorry sir, view it this way, in the event you are competent to do the work but what happens with the next person who stumbles onto this, tries it and kill's themselves !!! you wouldn't tell a random person how to wire up a split board ehh?

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ce...ed-advice.html (notice gas safety related advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buderus boiler stops delivering heat after a while.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Baxi 600 central heating is set at minimum the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running ) this is like...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock