Discuss British Gas service contract question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fishpond

Been talking to a customer about Viessmann and also Intergas as options to replace their old balanced flue boiler. The customer asked if British Gas will cover those manufaxcturers under service contract.

Any ideas? Do British gas take anything on or are they selective with particular manufacturers?

I know that at one point they refused to take on Kestons....

viessman have 5 year warranty so wont need bg for at least 5 years , go glow worm and you wont need bg at all as they cover lifespan of boiler

i dont get this so many people get new boilers fitted by bg or not and then they sign up for home care for 5 years ???

i dont get this so many people get new boilers fitted by bg or not and then they sign up for home care for 5 years ???

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. From what I can tell, customers like the same/next day call out when they dont have any heating and apparently BG get all parts within 24hrs guaranteed if they dont hold them on their vans.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. From what I can tell, customers like the same/next day call out when they dont have any heating and apparently BG get all parts within 24hrs guaranteed if they dont hold them on their vans.

the manufacturer get there parts quicker than BG get theres :)

as they make the boiler and they do normally keep all the parts on the van.

Last edited:
if bg put in their boiler it will have a one yr warrantee but then their homecover the custard has to pay for takes over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with all these boiler extended warranties going around it just goes to show waht a pile of carp bg cover is imho

I like the Britisher's gas service they provide good and quick service's.

Competition between BG and Boiler manufacturers seems to have produced a good outcome.

( It's better to leave the fighting to the Big Boys )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas service contract question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock