Discuss British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i ask what vacancy you was applying for mate

Apprentice Service and Repair engineer for Northampton area.

Still waiting to hear back after being told I passed phone interview.

Have you applied for anything?

Tony.

Made it through to Assessment centre in Leeds next week.

Wish me luck! I'm nervous already as this means a lot to me. I did a year Plumbing at college ten years ago when I left school, but jacked it in when I saw my mates earning £200 a week full time, when I was working part time around college earning £70! What a silly boy I was!

Any tips or pointers for the face to face interview part?

I feel ok with the practical bit and the role play I think, but unsure what to expect in the interview with HR!

:(

Any tips or pointers for the face to face interview part?

I feel ok with the practical bit and the role play I think, but unsure what to expect in the interview with HR!

:(

I'm also attending the Leeds facility next week for the same role but in a different location to you.

Hope all goes well!

I didn't make it. :(

Did well on mechanical reasoning test, and fine in the team work exercise, but they said I didn't give the answers they wanted in the Face to face competency based interview.

I'm still determined to get into the plumbing trade, however it may be a little harder now as age is against me.

I might reapply after the 6 months has lapsed.

Good luck everyone else.

Vr6 What did the assessment centre involve? was there more tests like the online ones?

I didn't make it. :(

Did well on mechanical reasoning test, and fine in the team work exercise, but they said I didn't give the answers they wanted in the Face to face competency based interview.

I'm still determined to get into the plumbing trade, however it may be a little harder now as age is against me.

I might reapply after the 6 months has lapsed.

Good luck everyone else.

Sorry to hear you did my make it :( Don't give up!
What happened on the assessment day? Did you have to do something practical or was it all senario based question?
What questions did they as with the face to face interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock