Discuss British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
best leave the wiring side alone, re the test just practical testing of your knowledge

I had my colour vision test and unfortunately I didn't get in. The test is on a board with various colour combination of wires on connectors and given 20 questions to answer them all correct and I got 3 incorrect, it had to be 100%. Gutted but not given up.

I had my colour vision test and unfortunately I didn't get in. The test is on a board with various colour combination of wires on connectors and given 20 questions to answer them all correct and I got 3 incorrect, it had to be 100%. Gutted but not given up.

Sorry to hear this. I remember when I started my apprenticeship one poor lad didn't declare he was colour blind and was kicked of the course on the second day. Unfortunately it's pretty much essential to identify all the wires correctly, for your safety if nothing else.

Unlucky bro. When i went to my interview i done the colour vision test by reading numbers on the book lol i kept missing one out then the woman asked one final time is there a number there and at the last glance i seen 46 lolol sorry to hear you never got it. Keep your head up

Hi guys, I have the telephone interview tomorrow and was sent a heating diagram which says will be needed for the first multiple choice question. I can see a couple of floors in it already so interested to hear what the question will be.

If anyone knows as to what the other questions are about I could do with all the help I can get. I've always got flustered in multi choice, written exams with badly worded questions and ambiguous answers so the thought of doing it over the phone with a stranger is adding to the anxiety a bit. I know I've left it late it's 10am tomorrow, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck everyone else going through the same. Cheers

Hello all,

Any recent updates to this thread from what I would guess would be people nearly through the apprenticeship by now?

I have my telephone interview this Thursday for an Apprentice Service and Repair Engineer located in Northampton. I applied using their website on the 9th, and heard back via email on the 12th asking my to book a telephone interview.

Just wondered how everyone else that made it is getting on now

Tony :)

6phone interview is easy mate. Went over one of those star questions and asked about myself and what i knew about bg and why i wanted to work there etc

Cheers mate.

Whats a star question?

How far have you got with it all?

It's ok, I googled star questions.

Have PM'd you too for some more info :)

Just had my phone interview and he told me I had passed, but all applications are reviewed by a higher team, so they would get back to me.

I think that is a polite way of saying I didn't pass :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock