Discuss Bosch 2-26 SDS - Good deal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems good value! The drill is only 800 watt, but has 3joules impact energy, & should be more than enough for most jobs, & it can be used for light chiseling. The wee grinder probably won't have much power, (I find grinders need to be large wattage) but still good, IMO.
I don't like Bosch green tools, but the pro, blue are probably fine. I like Metabo drills, but can be a tad heavy, & cost at least that for just the drill.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
It does look good value - I've got a Marcrist core drill, so this will just be for smaller stuff - I think I might go for it.
cheers
Matt

I have an AEG drill (SDS) for the smaller work which is a vicious wee drill when on drill / hammer, & easy to fight against when it jams in holes.
I recently bought a Parkside SDS drill with case, 2 drills, 2 chisels & 2nd std chuck, out of a Lidl sale for £35! Got to be alright for a while! :smile:

Last edited:
That looks like a good deal to me, the cheapest price for the drill on it's own is £135, so your getting the angle grinder for £15. The drill has been replaced with the gbh2-28dre though, so that's probably why it's cheap.

Matt, I just bought this drill and it goes through masonry like it's not there. It also drills 26mm in masonry which makes it good for outside taps. It's also lighter than my big SDS drill and my core drill.

DeWalt D25123K-LX 2.6kg SDS Plus Hammer Dril 110V

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the ideal 4 drills for plumbing work must be-

Cordless
2kg Class SDS
5/6kg SDS Max - could possibly be skipped
Core Drill

Thanks for the input fellers :)

I went for it and ordered the Bosch yesterday - I'll find out what it's like next week.

Nothing nicer than new tools, am I the only one that likes the smell of them when you first open the box.

Not just you Roger :)
I'm a self confessed tool junkie - always have been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch 2-26 SDS - Good deal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My old 850W Bosch SDS seems to have lost some of its punch after 8 years of abuse (mainly mixing plaster!) I want to buy another drill with my...
Replies
Views
DeWalt D25323K-GB 3.4kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | SDS Plus 3 Function | NoLinkingToThis seems a ok price! want a drill light enough...
Replies
Views
S
Well after seeing the screw sale i found some more bargins Handy some stuff Erbauer ERE099KIT 18V Combi & Circular Saw Kit | NoLinkingToThis £30...
Replies
Views
M
Alright lads drill packed in today, I don't know much about the spec of a decent SDS But do you think this once will be ok? General drilling...
Replies
Views
G
I was thinking about splashing some hard earned on a makita 18v kit, which includes circular saw, angle grinder, combi drill, sds and jigsaw. I do...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock