Discuss Boiler - burner - hex cleaning. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

O

Old Account

hi lads, I was wondering how you guys clean the burner of Vaillant or viessman boilers?
Do you guys use any products to get that cleaned out? I only use water, occasionally cola due to its phosphate... all the other products I know off they aren’t good for cleaning as they are very aggressive and could harm in long term the boiler.

I have see people who has befor ad after pictures and they cleaned the burner back to its original stainless steel without any leftovers. I have asked a couple of other people and they said water, coke, and elbow grease.

What is elbow grease and what should I get?

Kind regards,

Ron

Combination of fairy liquid ( true ) white vinegar and water , you could do with buying the Viessmann cleaning knife , it gets in between the hex bends and then its just elbow grease , if they are done every year , they clean dead easy .

Combination of fairy liquid ( true ) white vinegar and water , you could do with buying the Viessmann cleaning knife , it gets in between the hex bends and then its just elbow grease , if they are done every year , they clean dead easy .
Thank you for your answer ... does elbow grease really help?

Thank you all for the help. I’ll try next time with elbow grease to see what’s the outcome.

However, how long do you guys spend on dong a proper service ? Somehow it takes me at least a good 1.5h to do a good scrup and changing the sparks, seals, checking the exp. vessel, etc. Seems like I never come across a good boiler which has been serviced accordingly.

half a day i allow for a full service

Reply to Boiler - burner - hex cleaning. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock