Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler and Wood stove integration in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I can’t fully trace all the copper pipes unless I pull the house apart but I have a standard boiler which has 2 ports and a standard set up you’d expect for a vented heating system. I also have a wood stove that is a 4 port type, I know 2 ports at 28mm go to the boiler unpumped and the other 2 ports I think go to the radiator system (pumped). I think the boiler and the stove share the same radiator circuit (as radiators get warm with just the stove alone).
I also have an upstairs hallway radiator with 3 connections; I think this may be the ‘heat sink’ (but why 3 connections? - all sunk underfloor/in wall so no idea how this is plumbed).

Any typical system circuits that may point to how this is plumbed? Just interested really, I’d like to pump the hot and cold water for a better shower flow/pressure but can’t see an ideal point where hot and cold run close enough together to divert into a single pump.

If you want to pump shower supplies you would typically site pump close to hot water cylinder.
Sketch of where your boilers and cylinder are in relation to each other would be useful.

If you want to pump shower supplies you would typically site pump close to hot water cylinder.
Sketch of where your boilers and cylinder are in relation to each other would be useful.
Thanks, I have sketched out parts but missing a few critical areas unless I start pulling walls and flooring apart.

Reply to Boiler and Wood stove integration in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back, 2 for hot and 2 for cold, my new house has an open fire and has been used to heat both hot water and rads, but only has 2 outlets, can I T the 2 top...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible as the air to water system is a pressurized system and the stove needs to be in a vented system.
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
D
Hello everyone, I want to be able to set up a wood burning stove utilising a back boiler in a situation where I can’t incorporate an electric pump, ideally heating a water tank and if possible a radiator. I’ve read a lot of info on this but the views seem mixed. Some systems I understand...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock