Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Biasi Activa 20 OV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok, So I went for the Biasi Activa for my customer.. the combi version has been fine with my installs so far, but now I have installed the open vented version in a house with a y-plan and its been non-stop hassle for the last 6 weeks.. ERR 18 being the culprit (water flow) even though the system is spotless and balanced. It began when I tried to get the boiler to work as it should i.e. with the permanent live to the boiler, controlling the pump and being switched via terminal 8 in the wiring centre. According to the manual the wiring is pretty straight forward, L-L, N-N, E-E, Switched Live to 3, Pump Live to 2. All looked fine until the stats were satisfied, in my opinion the boiler should let the pump overrun for about a minute then go into st.by/hibernation mode until demand is called for. It didnt.. it continued to cycle between 75 and 82 never turning off, after speaking to their Tech Support (ha!) I should have wired the pump into 3 (the switched live) I did and it behaved exactly as I thought it would, the pump stopped when demand was satisfied and all sorts of overheat errors started..
I have now wired it as a non-permanent live y plan to keep the customer going and because there is no overrun i get the flow error again..
Anyone have any thoughts??.. Im waiting for an appointment for a service engineer under the 5 year warranty, although I have a sneaky feeling they will try to bodyswerve it... never again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biasi Activa 20 OV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock