Discuss best value designer radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

These will be for my new home, a flat I have just purchased with my girlfriend. I have a brochure from 'the radiator company' which I obtained from plumb center however the ones I want are around £700 list price, I'll see what discount I'll get tomorrow but basically we don't want to spend more than about £300 on one.

I only want one to start with, a vertical black or grey one for the bedroom. Has to be vertical as there is no space under the windows.

I have done my heat losses from the central heating design guide book and I need around 2400 watts output from the radiator at 50 degrees delta T. It is a large bedroom with massive window and high ceilings. I may spread this output across 2 of them either side of the window.

I have seen some good prices on cheapsuites.co.uk but sceptical as havn't heard of them before. Screwfix seem decent value too.

Anybody else looked for these and found a bargain?

Kartell for cheap and cheerful, but check the finish carefully, particularly if dealing mail-order. They don't seem to take much care with their packaging.

Aeon do nice stuff at a middle market price, or as TBServices mentioned, Henrad are likely to be OK.

Heard are good but the packaging is crap and often have to return a scratched rad which can mean a return visit to visit job. Kartell are packaged well but a bit cheapy even though priced similar.
Stelrads also good price but crap packaging. Purmos good rads crap packaging. List goes on

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Value and designer are not going to fit in the same sentence

If what you want costs more. You going to have to settle fit something you don't want

Cheers guys I'll look at some of these. I know they arn't going to cheap so I suppose value wasn't the best word choice but I was struggling to find what I want from anyone I'd heard of other than the radiator company which seem the most expensive! Pricing them up on Monday, will probs go for them or screwfix as havn't got the time to be sending stuff back from mail-orders.

Designer rads rarely put out any heat if the are the tall slim type.

That is why I have done my heat losses and going for slightly more than I need just in case! I have seen some with outputs as high as 4000 watts so they are available, we may not be able to afford the dark ones in 2500 watts so may go for white vertical or just some nicer flat panel horizontals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best value designer radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am planning on replacing a standard radiator with a designer style vertical radiator in anthracite. I will need a high output of 6000BTU plus...
Replies
Views
Hi - we have had new radiators fitted about 6 months ago ("DuraTherm Horizontal Double Flat Panel Designer Radiator" from plumbworld - sorry, this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock