Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy designer radiators in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - we have had new radiators fitted about 6 months ago ("DuraTherm Horizontal Double Flat Panel Designer Radiator" from plumbworld - sorry, this site won't allow me to include a link to the site). Every radiator in the house was swapped for one of these apart from an older one in the bathroom, as we plan to renovate that later. Our system is a Baxi combi boiler, just over a year old.

One of these radiators - actually the one in our bedroom makes a loud gurgling sound, which wakes us up. It's not constant, and only seems to start after the radiators have been on for an hour or so. The radiator seems to get warm all over, and bleeding it has not helped.

I did wonder whether there wasn't enough inhibitor in the system, so I added some Fernox, but that hasn't helped.

I don't know what else to do. I'd be surprised if it was sludge since all but one radiator has been replaced, and the water seems clean enough (the MagnaClean filter seems quite clean too).

Have you tried opening the lockshield up a bit more eg 1/4 of a turn etc

No, I can try this, out of interest, what is the theory behind this, something about more pressure displacing the air? The rad is close to the boiler, since the boiler is in the loft, so I assume the lockshield is only open a little right now

Reply to Noisy designer radiators in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock