Discuss Best brand of power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bhoydavid

What would you think are the best brands of power tools out there in terms of quality, durability and price? Looking to buy a screw gun and sds hammer drill and just want to know of the best brands. Thanks.

Nearly all my kit is Makita. Corded and cordless. I personally don't think it's all that, but once you have bought a few cordless tools, you are kind of committed because if you stick to the one make you can buy 'bare' units which are cheaper.

I have about 6 different cordless Makita tools, one charger and four batteries. Which means carrying less stuff on site.

There corded stuff is all middle of the road too. If (god forbid) the van got broken into I would probably start again with Milwaukee as people seem to sing their praises.
Had a discussion with tools manager at Crosslings other day he's well impressed with makita and metabo , told him I wanted a milwakiee coffin and he thought I was mentally ill. Said their service was rubbish I count disagree more! Sent a recip back as it went for a swim in headder tank.... They simply replaced it foc!

I tend to listen to the opinion of the blokes using the tools over the opinion of the blokes selling them. Which could be why he was so 'shocked'!! :)

Number one - festool but prices are joke. Number two- hilti. But I think any makita or milwaukee do the job and is not too expensive.

Number one - festool but prices are joke. Number two- hilti. But I think any makita or milwaukee do the job and is not too expensive.

Erm, maybe if you're fitting kitchens. Pretty sure they don't even have an SDS drill in their range - completely geared up for woodwork..... And they're not that dear.

Had some of the milwaukee stuff now for about 12 months and it has been spot on i must admit. Iv got one of the 18v compact combi drill and led torch. Also have 12v drill driver and multitool which are great. Through work i had a 18v sds which is great for your standard 5.5 bits but going through concrete with a big bit it eats batteries. Makita 110v sds had never let me down.

Bought a bosch gsb for £150 from screwfix last week. Haven't used it much but I'm impressed so far. Never had anything over £99 in the past but I'm glad I spent abit more. I had this before which was ok for the light work I do but it broke after a couple of years and the battery was a pain in the arse to change.

Festool def top class but panasonic cordless are prob second best i've had hilti makita dewalt but nothing compares to panasonic have three cordless at moment and sds bosch.....had one for 20years.... hilti for heavier stuff.... also have a dewalt sds which has had no problems....look at amp ratings when buying cordless not voltage.... new panasonic i think has 4amp batteries but is 15.6 v which kills most 18v dewalts makitas etc....oh and for 24v bosch....makita started slipping on the gears after 3 yrs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best brand of power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock