Search the forum,

Discuss Is this boiler right for me'? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all first post looking for a bit of advice.

I have a recently bought a 24 year old 4 bedroomed detached with1 bathroom in the (border town of Berweck) it has 14 radiators,and a heat only full system,but it was running off a 24k for the last 12 years I was told, and its now not working, the house feels as though its poortly insulated, I have been online to do a bit research on the boiler I need, the research you can do by useing the (what boiler I need tool) as used with Heatable, Eon, and British gas, but the tool does not take in the condition of the insualtion,and windows /doors, so basicly on all 3 companys the tool hovers around the 24Kw to 30Kw range.

I got British Gas out to look at the set up I have and got a price for the work, they said the best boiler for my house would be the Worcester Greenstar Ri 24 Kw, I was suprised when he said the lower end of Kw range would you guys agree with this.

Any views on this

Thanks

So non of these companies did a heat loss report to calculate what the heat loss was might be best to start there at a pinch you can work out the load eg add up the outputs of the radiators you have

Wouldn’t trust bg they stuck a 30kw in where a 19kw was needed the house load was 17.4kw

Reply to Is this boiler right for me'? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi All! I hope you can give me some advise. I had combi boiler (Viessman vitodens 100-w 30kW) installed about half year ago. Recently I start hearing one single bang when hot water is opened at any of taps around house. It sound like someone in other room will knock a radiator (not relly loud...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock