Search the forum,

Discuss Best boiler to run 13 rads. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hawesside

Hi, I need to change my old combi central heating boiler and would like to know what Combi Boilers C.H fitters recommend.
I have a four bed house with 13 radiators with an output of approx 22,000 watts ( 75,000 BTU's). I put my rad sizes into an online calculator and got these figures. I may want to add another rad in the attic in the future so need a boiler to accommodate this. I will need to get an installer to fit it but thought I would enquire what is recommended first.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your hot water cylinder

But speak to your installer but as an aprox 32-42 kw

Hi ShaunCorbs, I forgot to say it was a Combi Boiler that I need.

How many bathrooms have you?

What has your gas installer reccomend?

Hi Chalked, Just one downstairs bathroom. I have not contacted an installer yet as I am just after some ideas of best boilers first.

Hi ShaunCorbs, I forgot to say it was a Combi Boiler that I need.

Combi boilers are sized on hot water delivery and flow rates, not heating output

Worcester
Viessmann
Atag

As above 32Kw will be adequate for heating but flow rate of hot water is directly related to boiler power. For a 4 bed house with two bathrooms, even a combi. in excess of 40Kw might struggle to meet demand, making an unvented cylinder a suitable alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best boiler to run 13 rads. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock