Discuss BENTONE B11C Burner not playing ball in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our old faithful Worcester Heatslave 20/25 Bentone B11C hasgiven up the ghost and no amount of button pressing would encourage it back tolife. Finally traced it back to the pump / motor coupling failing as it wasjust about moving some oil up to the burner head, presumably this was what wascausing a ticking noise. Popped a spare coupling in and full pressure resumedbut now its firing up instantly when the button is pressed and will keepburning until lockout even if the photocell is removed or the solenoid disconnected,slackening the 11mm bolt on the burner will have oil pumping out despite the solenoidbeing disconnected again until lockout. Fitted with a Danfoss BFP 11 L3 & 832.3control box.
The boiler is about 25 years old and ultimately will needreplacing but not until its warmer! I stress, I am not a Heating Engineer orPlumber but an Engineer that doesn’t mind trying to save a few quid or get hishands dirty so please just your valued opinion as to what’s wrong. I have anEngineer coming out on Tuesday but I would like to know for my own sanity. Thanks to anyone responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BENTONE B11C Burner not playing ball in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We had our annual oil burner service carried out by a well known Norfolk firm last Thursday and all was great for a day. Came home from work...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new to the use of oil based boilers and seem to be having a problem with the current one I have (Worcester Heatslave 20/25) The hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, oil ran out in June, got it refilled last week. I noticed the Afriso de-aerator did not fill up after pressing the burner reset button like it...
Replies
Views
Since moving to our property in Dec 2017, the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18/25 Heatslave, has had a recurring lockout problem, which 3 OFTEC...
Replies
Views
Back