Search the forum,

Discuss HRM Wallstar Photocell in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

We had our annual oil burner service carried out by a well known Norfolk firm last Thursday and all was great for a day. Came home from work on Friday evening to find our 15+ year old HRM Wallstar burner had locked out. I pressed the lockout button only to find it would lockout 1 to 2 mins later.

At this point I left it alone and called the company but they wouldn't attend until Monday unless I paid £125+ VAT for an emergency call out. We decided to wait until Monday as we couldn't afford the call out and it would be free on Monday if the fault was caused by the service.

Saturday morning I decided to take a look to make sure no air bubbles were present which there were none. I then isolated the electrical supply and pulled out the photocell... it was completely sooted up; I cleaned the soot off and put it back together.

Fired it back up and it worked great all day Saturday but locked out again on Sunday morning. I took the photocell out once again and it was again sooted up albeit not as bad as the previous day.

Once again it fired up fine after cleaning and continued to work for the rest of the day. The company are due to come tomorrow morning to look but can someone offer some advice as to what could be causing the photocell to soot up please?

They changed the nozzle from a 60mm to a 65mm during the service which is the recommended according to the manufacturer.

Anyone got any thoughts please?

Thanks in advance

Incorrect combustion not set up properly.

Ok, thanks... the engineer has been again and run through the service process and we've been told to wait a week to see what happens. He did say the sooting up was very localized to the photocell and that he probably made the burner work too well on the previous visit.

Reply to HRM Wallstar Photocell in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock