Discuss Beginner DIY plumbing - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diygirl

Does this look right? Any advice before I add my Aqua plasterboard? I've checked there are no leaks for two days is that long enough to be sure? (Sorry...it's come out sideways)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 119
Pic hasnt come out very good, apart from the dreaded plastic fittings yes lol.
Is it live now , please dont board before you know its leak free.
We would pressure test it first but I doubt if you have a pressure tester so leave it live for as long as poss .

What the lads are getting at, DG, is that the fittings you've used are classified as demountable and should ideally be surface or accessible. They will always be the joints most susceptible to leaks which is why we solder.

It's a tidy enough job, just you need to be aware of the ramifications should a leak occur.

Interesting feedback...I had actually bought all the equipment to do the soldering myself and watched a few plumbing videos, but then my plumber came along and told me to use these fitting instead (so I returned all the equipment). He said that in his experience they've caused him less problems than soldering...but I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

When I had my boiler replaced I had to get the guy back twice in a week to repair leaks in his soldered joints!

I will keep it open as long as possible to check for leaks as I'm quite paranoid about this. Thanks for all the advice.

Your plumber is just not good with soldering pipes. Where pipes are to be concealed, soldering them is the best option. In my case, soldering is the only option, exposed or concealed pipes.

+1 for soldering and tbh if done right it will last forever

Soldering is a basic for a plumber, quite scary to hear him say they have caused him problems in the past, personally I find it the other way round. But if they have been live for a couple of days any leaks would of appeared by now and you can go ahead and board away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Beginner DIY plumbing - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock