Discuss Baxi Solo II won't stay lit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to one today where the pilot would not stay lit, took a universal thermocouple with me....... Didn't fit!!

Do these need to be genuine baxi parts??

Also.. any other boilers like this to be aware of?

Is the T/C the same as the old Housewarmer? It maybe! There about the only two T/C's I carry, Universal and old h/warmer! Did you link out the o/heat to make sure it wasn't faulty? Just a thought!

Tried another TC by holding it in the pilot and connecting to the gas valve. It stayed lit. The overheat had tripped too tho

yea double check the overheat stat, and make sure the electrical interupter fits back in the bottom, first time i did one it fel out and i didnt notice took me hour to work it out lol

I noticed that! 1st time i've worked on a boiler with an interupter. Defo need a TC, but must of overheat too

I noticed that! 1st time i've worked on a boiler with an interupter. Defo need a TC, but must of overheat too

Honywell grey button gas valves are prone to failing too AllyBongo ... easy way to check is to conect a universal to the valve & o/heat and heat the probe end with a lighter. if the valve stays open then it's deffo the t/c :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo II won't stay lit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi all I have an old Baxi solo 2 40 boiler. the other night that there was a metal sounding twang and the pilot light went out now the boiler will...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Got a problem with a Baxi Solo 3 PFL50 The "pilot on" light is on permanently It was intermittent, but is now permanent When this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock