Search the forum,

Discuss Banging heating pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone! I've spoken to my super a few times about the heating pipe in my bedroom, which makes a terrific amount of noise every time the heat comes on - a problem that does not affect the similar pipes in my kitchen or bathroom. He says it's normal and that nothing can be done, but I'm not sure he's actually heard it himself, and I think this perhaps goes beyond the expected amount of noise (brief video/audio attached). It wakes me up multiple times every night in spite of both earplugs and a white noise machine. Would anyone here be able to tell me whether this is in fact normal—or if there is an issue, is it possible to tell from this clip what the problem might be? I find that the more specific I can be with the management company the better. 🤞 Thank you so much for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_4037.mov
    49.4 MB
That sounds like something is gravity circulating or it’s overheating pumps getting old

Depends on the system if gravity one pipe sorry but normal eg old building and heating system

Reply to Banging heating pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock