Discuss B+Q Prices! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
£60 plus vat - local merchant (free delivery/collection too!)

I find there is a careful balance between spending time to hunt down and order or collect the cheapest stuff plus the cost of holding stock yourself as opposed to using the most convenient place.
I tend to use a small local firm so my travel time is minimal and stock holding is very low. His prices are a little high but not too bad plus I am not loosing jobs on price so cant be that bad.

22mm compression stop ends? Why do you not have a couple in stock in your van, these are basic and often essential items! LOL
B&Q cater for the guys that are killing our industry, i.e diyers as the uninformed will pay their rip off prices. Trade Point is ok for some things but most items are not catered for with this card and it's B&Q's way off getting trade customers in their doors that can't get to rip off sister company Screwfix. Best way I found to get work and also **** them off is to stand outside their door in their car park and hand out my own leaflets.
Rant over.
;-))

ive always found b+q to a bit on the pricey side but where i am there is a b+q and a screwfix in close proximity so i opened a plumbfix account with some nice discounts and a larger range available, the only down side is that you have to be gassafe registered to open an account which wont be very good bathroom installers or unregistered plumbers sadly.

I'm a plumbfix account holder and I don't have gas qualifications - they just won't sell me any gas appliances. If more companies took this approach then there might not be so many dangerous gas installations!

I have never been challenged to show my gas safe card when buying gas stuff, which is wrong i believe but they dont care as long as they get the cash

ive always found b+q to a bit on the pricey side but where i am there is a b+q and a screwfix in close proximity so i opened a plumbfix account with some nice discounts and a larger range available, the only down side is that you have to be gassafe registered to open an account which wont be very good bathroom installers or unregistered plumbers sadly.

You dont have to be gas safe to open a plumbfix account i have one and i don't do gas. You just need 2 invoices and a business card.

You dont have to be gas safe to open a plumbfix account i have one and i don't do gas. You just need 2 invoices and a business card.

I didn't even need that, I phoned them up and gave details of my qualifications over the phone and they upgraded my screwfix account to a plumbfix one.

well im glad to be corrected on that one, the system would be better in this country if we followed the example of the states and made it legislation that only registered engineers can buy gas critical parts, after all its just like selling dynamite to someone that doesnt have a clue, the only problem with that is that retail sector probably has more sway than the gas industry.

There are also alot of people out there with a gas safe card who also dont have a clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to B+Q Prices! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Clearance section at B&q has some good deals. Room stats from £1-£5 28mm fittings 50p Box of 300 end feed fittings £23 Grundfoss 15-50 pump £30...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, You may have read my previous post about a customer that cancelled a job at the last minute and that I had a load of copper as a result...
Replies
Views
glenno1
G
Went to Plumbase this week for a few things. Plumbase is the only plumbers merchants in that town. 1 x 22mm equal compression tee. - That's...
Replies
Views
vinniethecat
V
P
This week..... We are a company that deals with ANY issue in houses and that means ANY issue...ATM we are installing lintels before our customer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back