Discuss B+Q Prices! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bartdude

Went to a job today,needed a couple of 22mm compression stop ends,didn't have any in the van(doh!)so I nipped down the road to B+Q. Found them and looked at the price,£3.49 each!!

I couldn't bring myself to pay it,drove 10 minutes to a merchants instead!!

Thing is the place was packed,there was a guy buying about 8 lengths of 22mm copper too(in 2 meter lengths so it fits in cars)Dread to think how much that cost him:eek::eek:

[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9264634&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=copper+pipe&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&isSearch=true"]
5034579002498_001c_v001_zp
Streamline Black Label EN 1057 Copper Tube X022L-2 22mm x 2m EAN: 5034579002498 [/DLMURL]

in store

Available for reserve & collect
[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/stores/store_finder.jsp?productID=9264634&linkSrc=lister&ean=5034579002498"]Select a store to check stock & reserve & collect
new-window-icon.png
[/DLMURL]

Only £17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but remember guys, we are paying for the highly skilled and ever helpful members of staff who are trained to a very high standard in all things plumbing and gas. :)

Went to a job today,needed a couple of 22mm compression stop ends,didn't have any in the van(doh!)so I nipped down the road to B+Q. Found them and looked at the price,£3.49 each!!

I couldn't bring myself to pay it,drove 10 minutes to a merchants instead!!

Thing is the place was packed,there was a guy buying about 8 lengths of 22mm copper too(in 2 meter lengths so it fits in cars)Dread to think how much that cost him:eek::eek:

Some would have bought the compression cap ends,kept the reciept,finished the job then bought two more from merchants the next day or so and return those for a B&Q refund.:eek:,I think not right using B&Q like that but seen it done :rolleyes:

imho

[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9264634&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=copper+pipe&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&isSearch=true"]
5034579002498_001c_v001_zp
Streamline Black Label EN 1057 Copper Tube X022L-2 22mm x 2m EAN: 5034579002498 [/DLMURL]

in store

Available for reserve & collect
[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/stores/store_finder.jsp?productID=9264634&linkSrc=lister&ean=5034579002498"]Select a store to check stock & reserve & collect
new-window-icon.png
[/DLMURL]

Only £17.99

Thanks for heads up,will reserve mine straight away if any left

;):rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some would have bought the compression cap ends,kept the reciept,finished the job then bought two more from merchants the next day or so and return those for a B&Q refund.:eek:,I think not right using B&Q like that but seen it done :rolleyes:

imho

The way that fuel prices are at the moment I probably would have been out of pocket by the time I'd driven back and forth!! And they were individually packaged in little plastic bags;)

tradepoint account reduces the b&q prices get yourself one of those just incase you need to nip over to b&q if its nearer or merchants are shut, last resort though :p

Some plumbing stuff at B&Q is actually way cheaper than anywhere else, such as polytanks. You've just got to be careful and check.

Yes totally agree with WHPES B&Q is the cheapest store for plumbing accessories.

imho
def my new tip for the day cheers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to B+Q Prices! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Clearance section at B&q has some good deals. Room stats from £1-£5 28mm fittings 50p Box of 300 end feed fittings £23 Grundfoss 15-50 pump £30...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, You may have read my previous post about a customer that cancelled a job at the last minute and that I had a load of copper as a result...
Replies
Views
glenno1
G
Went to Plumbase this week for a few things. Plumbase is the only plumbers merchants in that town. 1 x 22mm equal compression tee. - That's...
Replies
Views
vinniethecat
V
P
This week..... We are a company that deals with ANY issue in houses and that means ANY issue...ATM we are installing lintels before our customer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock