Search the forum,

Discuss Armitage Shanks early 90s replacement seat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have a feeling you get this sort of thing a lot but I have tried searching the forums and no luck.

I’m trying to find a replacement seat for the Armitage Shanks toilet in the house I rent. It doesn’t seem to have the model embedded in the side but from Googling it looks like an early 90s Sandringham Kensington, with the awkward ceramic rising at the rear of the seat hinges. The house.

This has meant we’ve gone through various seats in the four years we’ve lived here and I’m so fed up of having a wobbly seat that wont stay put. We’ve just redone the bathroom decor and said finding a fitting seat would be our treat (no one told me being an adult was this exciting).

Attached a photo from Google of what it looks like re the rising ceramic.

I’ve seen the replacement Armitage Shanks ones online but they all have 21 in the product title- I presume this is a newer range and design?

Can anyone recommend a replacement specifically or a style that would work for this? Also please explain it like I’m five, I’m the same age as this house but toilets aren’t my calling!

thanks all 💪

Reply to Armitage Shanks early 90s replacement seat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a cracked close coupled toilet cistern. It's an Armitage Shanks Tiffany 9776, which I believe has been discontinued. The water feed is on the bottom right hand side of the cistern. Would there be a cistern with which I could replace it?
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
M
Hi, I'm trying to find a supplier of replacement hinges for an Armitage Shanks Bakasan toilet seat. If someone has replaced this hinge and knows of any 100% compatible replacement set in chrome or white, I would appreciate your advice. This seat i'm looking at is perfectly servicable, but the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer that has a 39-year-old Ideal Standard toilet. They would like to replace the toilet seat. But the hinges are fixed on an angle not flat like on a standard toilet. I have attached some pictures. Has anyone replaced a toilet seat with a set up like this? Or have any...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking for a replacement toilet seat as the old one has broken and I stupidly binned the old seat before checking for a makers mark on the old seat. I've checked the bowl for any makers id but can't see one. I've attached pics of the bowl and a dimensions. Sorry for the pic that...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock