Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Aqualisa Digital shower air lock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LetterBox

Hi, I m a new member and a householder with moderate DIY experience. Our now retired plumber (hopefully not retired due to this job!) fitted a new bathroom for us last November (2015.) This included an Aqualisa quartz digital shower. Gravity fed. No remote control. A couple of months after fitting the blue light came on but no water and no noise from loft where the unit is sited. He returned and diagnosed an air lock. in the water tank in loft he blew air into an outlet and hey presto it worked again. He left the copper piping and elbow joint in case it happened again.

It did this week. Blue light on bathroom control but no water. In loft green light shows on unit. I disconnected electricity supply to unit (the white coupling) and turned on again as I had read this sometimes resets. No success. I undid shower head an ddangeld the shower hose to the shower floor to increase potential for gravity to help.

In the loft I then blew air into the cold water inlet pipe to diverter in hope that I was replicating what my plumber had done. No success. I blew air into all the other (2) outlets from water tank in case that did anything. No result. I have asked the Aqualisa representative to attend and he is due next Wednesday. However I could do with a shower and wonder if I am missing some obvious trick? I'mn also keen to know if I am blowing into the right outlet (the cold water supply to the diverter.) Any suggestions appreciate from anyone with similar experience. Thanks in anticipation.

Just got it working! Turned electrics off at switch (not in the loft as before) and after 5 mins turned on again and it whirred into action. We had suffered a power cut shortly before it stopped working so I guess this upset the processor which had to be reset by turning power off and back on. The new age technology and solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa Digital shower air lock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock