Discuss Apprenticeship skills test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Hansell

hi all
I have a practical skills test for a competition on friday the prize is a funded apprenticeship.Is there anyone out there who can tell me what to expect ?

OOH! Practical test!

That's different, I haven't seen that done before.

What is the actual prize? Funding for an apprenticeship? So you still have to find your own employer or a proper full apprenticeship?

Who's the competition with?

I'd recommend you get practising and improve your skills in the mean time. Things like bending, soldering, etc.

andrew what level are your skills at? what are you capable of doing, what are your weak points to give us an idea of what areas to assist with

Hi all
I studied at the Greater Manchester Skills Centre in salford for c+g tech cert level 2.It was a full time course for 6 months i was only supposed to be there 3 days a week but i went everyday so i have got a good understanding of most things.I am very good at soldering copper to the point where you cant actually see the ring of solder.not so hot at cutting 4" soil pipe.The competion if you are one of the lucky 3 out of 12 is the prize of a complete toolkit including testing equipment and an interview with the company building the bbc media city expansion so quite a good prize me thinks.

so you have a good grounding in the basics. i would say just to relax and don't panic on the day just do the best you can. i don't really know what you will be doing but i would imagine there would be some soldering maybe fault finding taps not working etc. there are so many variables what they could get you to do. good luck for the day and i hope you do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprenticeship skills test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock