Search the forum,

Discuss Any idea as to what’s happening in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Gone to use my shower tonight and this is happening? Any advice on what to do/what’s happening?

I’ve attached a video.

its not got enough water going through, so its over heating and boiling, then the over heat stat kicks in and shuts it down,
then the all process starts again!!!! you need a good plumber/ sparky to look.

Does the cold water do similar if you keep the cold tap running?
As in the tap in the sink? There’s only one water feed going into the shower

Attachments

• EC7FADAB-77E4-4297-A801-A6E07042FC9F.jpeg
    EC7FADAB-77E4-4297-A801-A6E07042FC9F.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 15
As in the tap in the sink? There’s only one water feed going into the shower
What I meant is if you get the water from a water storage tank than maybe the water level run too low. The outlets for the cold and hot water from the tank are designed and positioned so the hot water runs out first which is a safety measure against scalding. I presume if you keep the cold running and it does the same than the water level is down in the tank.
Not sure just guessing.

I think that your cold water feed could be blocked,your inlet will have a filter in it .
i am not willing to tell you what to do as it will invole electrics water shut off poss remove unit. etc.
please get plumber/sparky for your safety,

I think that your cold water feed could be blocked,your inlet will have a filter in it .
i am not willing to tell you what to do as it will invole electrics water shut off poss remove unit. etc.
please get plumber/sparky for your safety,
I’m a multi skilled maintenance engineer, so isolating the shower isn’t an issue and I’ll just turn the water mains off. As to plumbing I don’t have a clue hence why I’ve asked for advice on here first

My first thought was blocked filter. I believe on the quartz (which is the shower you have) the 2 screws just after the brass elbow is the filter. Take this out and check to make sure its clean. I doubt you have the flushing piece which screws onto that position which you could use to test the water supply with but if you do then check that out as well.

If your supply is good and the inlet is clean then its time for a new engine. They aren't particularly expensive and are easy to fit.

Basics first.
Remove the shower head - if the shower now runs as normal, the head needs descaling/replacing.
If it still doesn’t run properly: remove the hose, if it now runs properly the hose needs replacing, it will have a hernia inside somewhere.
If this doesn’t resolve it; move onto th Ec filter as per fowlerboi.
Then it’s either remove unit and descale tank, or just replace unit.

Reply to Any idea as to what’s happening in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock