Discuss Another intermittent f and e overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if ballvalve is filling back to near overflow, then it is faulty, or fitted for too high level of water.
If it isn’t that, then must be blockage in feed pipe to heating, or split coil.
(If you are looking to see if coil is split, you will see the water coming up the feed of the f&e tank if you drain it first. Could be just a tiny amount though. Also test with heating running)

Last job where the fault was intermittent the feed/expansion was blocked- check with a magnet near the T... opening the tap probably just diverts mains supply to taps and not f+e, by the time they stop running the tap the water level in f+e has seeped through the partial blockage... good luck - let us know how you get on.

Thanks for all the replies, I had another look and spoke to them 2 days ago and they said it hasn't happened since. Weird.

Sorry if I'm teaching my grandmother how to suck eggs, but by the F+E, you DO mean the small cistern that is connected to the primary system (i.e. boiler and radiators)?

Out of curiosity, if the valves are new, why is the arm bent on the Part 2 valve?

Probably cos some yutz drilled the holes in the cistern at the wrong height meaning even set at it's lowest the level is too high.

I think the Pegler float valves have a longer vertical bit of arm which might be a good argument for having one of the van. For me though I'll just bend it a bit and get on with bigger problems.

"opening the tap probably just diverts mains supply to taps and not f+e, by the time they stop running the tap the water level in f+e has seeped through the partial blockage..." as said above sounds like the answer to the riddle of the tap appearing to have an effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another intermittent f and e overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock