Discuss An under-estimated estimate!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the customers problem that you under quoted his job, find a chippy and pay them. You go to court with this you will get spanked, estimate or not it's your mistake. Or walk away and learn by your mistake.

It's not the customers problem that you under quoted his job, find a chippy and pay them. You go to court with this you will get spanked, estimate or not it's your mistake. Or walk away and learn by your mistake.

That doesnt seem very "helpful" 'helpfulplumber' :lol:

It's the truth, we all make mistakes which we can't get out off. You just have to take it and move on to the next job. I have been there, it's crap but it just business.

Good to know the communication is still happening. Can you continue and complete what you've got to do? IT's not easy working in a tense environment though! Honest and up front approach laying down your cards and showing figures may help? Estimate against costs and your profit from the job kind of openness maybe? If you can show that if you do the job you're doing it for peanuts or a loss then maybe your customer will be understanding? If not then it depends how much you're willing to 'loose'; you've most likely lost this custards word of mouth unless they're just a tosser in which case anyone they tell their story too might want your number because you stood up to him/her :)

It's the truth, we all make mistakes which we can't get out off. You just have to take it and move on to the next job. I have been there, it's crap but it just business.

I agree, I've paid for my mistakes but have never been let down like the op has! If I'm at fault I'd openly accept responsibility but when something beyond your control causes the dispute it must be a bitter pill to swallow...!

The lesson to be learned here is never get involved supplying other trades, that is until your business is large enough to cope. Next time let the customer find and supply his/her own joiner or whatever trade is required. That way you can stick to what you do best i.e plumbing and not worry about other trades.

You will find a chippy to do it, might cost you a bit more but at least you get the satisfaction of taking the customers money!!!!!!

Why not post the job along with your budget on Rated People?

At least you'll get 3 competitive quotes based on your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to An under-estimated estimate!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock