Search the forum,

Discuss Am I allowed to sort these two "boiler" issues? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I am not Gas Safe. Therefore I don't touch boilers apart from topping up after drain downs. Hence I don't know whether I am allowed to do anything else. Doesn't tend to come up but oddly enough it just did. Twice. Excuse the lack of knowledge of what the bits are but as I said, it aint my area, so I'm guessing.

Two different jobs. Two different combis. Both Alphas.

First one is just a weep on a soldered joint. I'm thinking either cold in or cold/hot out. Questions:

1) Am I allowed to sort it?

2) If so, do I need to order the right bit? Because it looks like I could just do it with a bent tap con and some pipe.

IMAG0420.jpgIMAG0421.jpg

Second one is...I think - not sure what the correct name is - the warning pipe? I'm guessing it's the one you run outside and then bend back towards the wall. Guy who installed it didn't finish job for some reason. Customer was warned by a friend about it.

So same questions:

1) Am I allowed to do it?

2) If I am, what should/shouldn't be done (rules/regs/minimum distances/whathaveyou)?

IMAG0435.jpgIMAG0436.jpg

More than happy to leave both well alone if not a good idea / not allowed.

Thanks

item 1. Technically no but yes. Item 2. No. I wouldn't touch it as probably more than those faults. If you fix visible ones the serious ones get forgotten

I wouldn't bother touching them. They have a habit of touch it and it will leak elsewhere. Is the prv pipe not going anywhere?

1 yes
2 if in doing repairs/fix and you end up with a problem that you shouldn't/cant fix you'll be giving yourself a headache

if the original installer missed this what els was missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I allowed to sort these two "boiler" issues? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I still hold gas certs but have been out of the game for a couple years due to a long time illness. After several interviews I have found a company who is willing to give me a trial day with one of there gas engineers. Am I right in saying I am unable to touch the appliances, do any...
Replies
Views
W
Hello all. I have fitted three new Saracen timed flow valves to existing shower rooms. But these valves are still allowing water to flow from shower head and won't close off. I have tried various options and sorted other connections in the shower lines 5 on one line 3 on other. Only 1 new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is holding water pressure fine, the pump runs and seems to have a bit of force behind it and I have replaced the pressure sensor but the problem persists...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock