Discuss Alliance FM (Co. No. 08036172) Warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Radford

This message is a warning to any tradesmen that if you should be contacted by Alliance FM Ltd (currently based in Oakland House, 21 Hope Carr Road, Leigh, Lancashire), to carry out work in any of their managed properties, then you should be aware that I have not been paid for the work I have done, even though they themselves have been paid by their client. Other tradesmen have also been caught out and are owed money. The company has failed to respond to my recent emails and the only telephone number listed goes to voicemail and no one returns my calls.

Alliance FM Ltd was incorporated on 18th April 2012 and has a County Court Judgement (CCJ) for £160 (dated 17/9/2012) that still has not been paid (what does that tell you?). A credit report I got lists this company as `Caution -`High Risk'. Their credit limit has been downgraded to £0.

Extreme caution is the watch word when dealing with this company - or you risk becoming a victim like me.

Well i never heard of em (thankfully) however i do know the area very well and hope Carr rd is all domestic properties (council)
And definitely no business premises. This is obviously some doley come up with a scam or an industrious teenager well skilled in the internet.

Out of interest where abouts is the property you worked on?

In fact i have two customers on hope Carr rd.
When im passing i shall enquire about any comings and goings at
The business address.:)

Well i never heard of em (thankfully) however i do know the area very well and hope Carr rd is all domestic properties (council)
And definitely no business premises. This is obviously some doley come up with a scam or an industrious teenager well skilled in the internet.

Out of interest where abouts is the property you worked on?

Oakland House in Hope Carr Road, Leigh, Lancashire is a legitimate serviced office address. It is here that Alliance FM Ltd have their registered office and operate from there. Even though they are a relatively new company (incorporated 18/4/2012) they have managed to get on the books of some of the larger nationwide property agents. They are a facilities management company - the landlord or lettings agent gets on to them and they arrange a tradesman local to where the property is to do the work.

I am based in Hertfordshire and got a call from Alliance FM Ltd to carry out a job in a property in my local area. Their contract paperwork was all very professional so there was nothing suspicious there. The trouble began when I tried to get paid. Soothing words from their director, Ursula Mellor, about making payment, just turned out to be empty promises. Now no one is even answering my emails. It was only then that I started to delve further and discovered they have no official website that I could fin, and the only telephone number recorded for them was continuously on voicemail with no one responding to the messages I left.

They may only have one CCJ for £160 but it is the fact that they let such a small sum escalate to that level and then not to even pay it that is most disturbing. It makes me wonder how many other small tradesman have also been caught in this way and have just taken the hit because they don't want the hassle and expense of going to court. It is this reluctance that allows companies like Alliance FM Ltd to carry on trading, leaving a growing list of small unpaid creditors along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
aah strictly speaking that isnt hope carr rd, it is a slip road off a bend. i now where you mean.

i can look for a car with 'fm' plates and leave a message
:73::73:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alliance FM (Co. No. 08036172) Warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
cant find the other thread but heres an email i got today, only recieved this one cheeky sods. anyway, BEWARE SCAM!!!! Good Afternoon, This...
Replies
Views
Evening all Ok here goes. I replaced a leaking pump under a bath a couple of months ago. The original job was a complete bodge, directly under...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, We have recently sent down information regarding a local Gas Contract, and would now encourage any interested engineers to get back...
Replies
Views
P
We have an Ideal ICOS HE24 (Same model as the Isar) My Installation was carried out by Iguana under the Warm Front Scheme. It was to replace...
Replies
Views
Koogatubac
K
M
Has anyone else received an email like below? Job Opportunity‏ Cara Bernardini ([email protected]) Add to contacts 13/05/2013...
Replies
Views
barronbathrooms
B

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock