Discuss Air vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moving a bathroom for a client, in the room the bathroom is being moved to I found 2 air vents through holes in the floorboards for the flow and return to the boiler (under the carpets). I investigated further and found that the pipes came up from the boiler in one corner, travelled along the top of the joists (with the 2 air vents half way along), then 90 down to the bottom of the joists turned 90 deg and went along between the joists to the hot water cylinder on the other side of the house. So these pipes create a high spot where air could get tarpped hence the vents.
The new bath will go along the wall where these vents are situated so they will not be reachable when it is installed. Should I put in automatic vents, or I could take the vents out put in a coupler to 15mm pipe and extend to other side of bath with new air vents just under the bath behind the bath panel. Anybody have any thoughts?

Well I'm glad to see that your not going to just ignore them and carry on, like some people might.

Before you continue I would speak to the custard and show them the vents, so that you can charge them extra for the work (If you feel so inclined).

What I would do is use automatic air vents and move them to somewhere accessible under the bath, but hidden behind the bath panel. Then make a note of there new positions by the boiler, so that anyone who alters the heating system knows of there existence and where to locate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
C
Hello all, I'm preparing an estimate for a bathroom renovation in a block of flats. As always I'm trying to flag up / plan for and cost as many...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock