Discuss Advice Wall-Mounted Basin Waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonjack

Hello,

Im thinking of buying this Twyford's wall-mounted wash basin - Twyford 3D4811WH White 3D

eg. Twyford 3D4811WH White 3D 380mm 1 Tap Hole, Wall Mounted Washbasin

I wish to fix the basin to a brick wall and wish to run the waste pipe on the wall surface down through the floorboards.
It seems that this basin - and many other wall-mounted ones - are generally designed to have the waste pipe go into the wall - ie. suited to cavity walls therefore.

Now, I imagine the sink is fixed to the wall by means of brackets that the sink then sits on and that the stainless bottle trap in the picture does not support the sink at all.

Would it be feasible to buy a bottle trap that would allow me to just run the waste pipe on the wall face or does it need to go into the wall for some reason?

I assume the choice as to whether you run the waste into the wall just depends on the bottle trap you buy for this type of basin.

Thanks
Jon

the basin will not be supplied with the waste fitting, that will be up to you.
the pictures show the chrome through the wall because that looks better.
as the basin is wall hanging you will see the trap, so it would be usual to fit an attractive looking trap.
the basin will be supported by the fixings to the wall, not by the trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice Wall-Mounted Basin Waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock