Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on weather compensation for communal heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

We have a Worcester Bosch GB162 100kw boiler in a residential block for the communal heating serving 12 flats. We currently sporadically manually set the boiler's flow temperature (e.g. 60 degrees when not too cold and 70 degrees when cold) on the boiler itself and use a timer to turn on and off the heating boiler (e.g. turn on at 5:30 am and turn off 11 pm). I am interesting in using a weather compensating device that would automatically adjust the boiler's flow temp based on the outdoor temperature. The problem is that Worcester's weather comp unit (Sense II) also uses an internal temp sensor and since our heating is communal and the boiler is in a basement vault this solution would not be ideal for us. Is there a weather comp unit I could use that would use only the outdoor temperature to adjust the temperature of the boiler flow temp? Thus, if outdoor temp is 15 C, then set boiler temp at 60 C, if outdoor temp is 14 C, then set boiler temp at 61 C, and so forth.

Thanks

Probably best to call Worcester Bosch to see what they can offer for the system you have.

Most of the weather compensating devices that have been used over the last decade or more, operate only on the outdoor temperature.
W/B will have something to suit your system for sure

Reply to Advice on weather compensation for communal heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm new here so go canny with me. Hoping that someone can help with the following concerning weather comp, it is a Worcester Bosch comfort+ll control and in the menu it asks to set these values.These are what my thoughts are, are these correct. I am aiming for around 20c for the room...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a weather compensation unit that can be fitted to a cylinder? I have an Ideal Logic Max H24 which heats a thermal store. The boiler can take an Ideal weather compensation unit to raise the target flow temperature as the outside temperature drops, but the store temperature...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for some advice here if anyone would be so kind. Our existing system consists of an Ideal Logic Heat H15 heat only boiler paired to a 180L Kingspan Tribune XE Unvented Indirect Hot Water Cylinder (this is the Dual Stat version). Zone 1 (Downstairs) consists of 7 Radiators + Plumbed...
Replies
Views
C
I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of about 55 degrees C, I’m seeing the LCD screen saying the efficiency level is only 25-28%. Has anyone else seen such a low percentage? I know for a fact...
Replies
Views
We are a few months into our Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 19KW Heat Only boiler and it is working fine. We replaced an old 1999 Baxi. Our house is a 2 bathroom 4 bed detatched, built 1999. The engineer did not really know the Viessmann boiler and I am not convinced his approach of “turn everything...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock