Discuss 37 CDi Intermittant problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tamz

I'm posting this for another member who cant get it to post a new thread

Hi
For some reason it will not allow me to post a new thread something to do with 'permissions'. So I am desperate for help for this problem:
I have a 4 year old Worcester Greenstar 37CDi combi boiler. Two years ago it stopped working, always intermittent problems and would not re-set. It shows the error message EA. Two years on my very sympathetic boiler repair man has replaced the electrodes, gas valve (4 times) and the motherboard. He has yet to charge me a penny as it still doesn't work. It can go for days, sometimes months and then will fail and not re-set. We are on the verge of replacing it altogether despite the cost of the new parts now in it. Worcester cannot suggest anything else and we are at a loss as to what to try next? Advice please.

LouiseinBath

Possible reverse polarity
Condense blocked
Low gas pressure

One of them weird ones

Also has he checked the governor at the meter is not locking up.

I went out to 1 with EA code turned out to be a plume kit had become partially disconnected where it went outside so when it was running all the fumes were being pulled back into the boiler and when it was on high flame for long enough it would starve it of air. Is it vertical flue? What are the CO2 readings with the casing on.

Hi there. I'm not the expert but I can see that the flue is not vertical as it goes straight out of the wall. The only co2 reading I have says - 9.4% but I don't know if that was with the casing on. I have little print out of readings. Thanks for your help so far.
Louise

Get worcester out for a fixed price repair maybe? Will be cheaper than replacing the boiler. I cant remember how much it is but its got to be worth giving them a call to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 37 CDi Intermittant problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock