Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way valve manual setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flossy12

I have recently moved into a house that has hot water underfloorheating . Upstairs there are radiators with thermostats. The underfloor heatngsystem has an outside temperature sensor and a 3 way valve. There was no room thermostat on the groundfloor and so I had one installed.
OK so now the question. When I open the 3 way valve on manual and leave it there all worksfine. The room thermostat senses OK and demands heat from the boiler. Theunderfloor warms up and heat goes to the upstairs rads and towel rails. Allworks fine. The only issue is that the underfloor heating pump is oncontinuously. My plumber said I should leave the 3 way valve on automatic. Butwhen I do this the underfloor heating doesn’t come on. There are clicks fromthe underfloor heating contol box and a led lights up say valve is open/closedetc but the valve does not seem to turn. Is it OK to leave the 3 way valve on manual and open or half open? Whatis wrong when it is on automatic?
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 way valve manual setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the pipework. I'm considering doing the fix myself but wanted to check I know what I'm doing beforehand or whether I should get a plumber in, have I missed...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock