Discuss 24cdi non condense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 44451

just been out to this boiler, hot water working fine but the central heating goes to lockout with a slow flash on the lockout light. as soon as i get there the boiler works like a dream, custy stars scratching his bald head and im thinking my presence is all it takes to fix boilers. just wondering if any one has experience with intermittant faults on these as i know the phone will be ringing in a day or so. thanks

had the same today old gloworm going to lockout, took of cover and alls working ok, pop back cover and still working, must have been a bad connection on a nct that sorted itself when the cover came off. Annoying as its hard to charge normal callout for doing diddly squat so settled for £35 for 5 mins on site and 10 mins travel :) so I can be a nice guy at times:):) but dont tell

just been out to this boiler, hot water working fine but the central heating goes to lockout with a slow flash on the lockout light. as soon as i get there the boiler works like a dream, custy stars scratching his bald head and im thinking my presence is all it takes to fix boilers. just wondering if any one has experience with intermittant faults on these as i know the phone will be ringing in a day or so. thanks

Two lights or one flashing slow? Slow flash on heating light is an ignition issue usually :) 2 lights is overheat I believe? :)

the custy tells me one light flashing slow, it worked when i got there so havent seen it myself. i was thinking poss the heating sensor as i was told that the hot water was working fine

Sensors are fast flash, far as I remember .... slow is more towards ignition/fan issues, far as I remember..? I'm remembering a lot....! LOL Been some time since I've worked on a CDi :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Flame rec possibly pcb would be something to consider. Had a few do this. Intermittent. Flame rec fails to recognise burner is lit, it'll spark when fired every now and then, sometimes carry on running, sometimes it'll lock out as it thinks the burners gone out.

takes a few visits sometimes to catch it sparking when lit in front of you.

They have high and low, hence checking aps, high speed (hot water) no problem, low speed (central heating) not pulling switch, otherwise fan needs lubing, do not use oil, wd40 is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 24cdi non condense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Got a problem with a Baxi Solo 3 PFL50 The "pilot on" light is on permanently It was intermittent, but is now permanent When this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock