Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 24CDI hw + ch tempremental. Already had new pump but problem is reoccuring. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

I had a thread back in October, my brothers boiler was playing up. HW and CH would only work for a little while, then it would make a clunking noise and shut off.

He asked me to go round tonight as the HW was playing up.

It sometimes doesn't get hot at all (the hw light does come on). Or it gets too hot but then the boiler will make a clunking noise and go off.

Also on the ch side it will fire up and run for a short while, 60 secs then go off. Sometimes it will only work if i press the over ride button but then doesn't stay on for long.

I changed the pump back in October and it has worked ok up to now (although they say the hw does sometimes play up)

Tonight the pump was getting very hot again like last time.

Also I took the dhw heat ex off and cleaned that.

What should I be looking at?

This is driving me pretty mad.

I have read these symptoms could be the cause of faulty thermistors?? What do you think?

I'm not overly convinced as the banging is making me think there's something else.

I don't really want to start throwing parts at it no matter how cheap. Just want to get it sorted.

Hey ash, it's nothing to do with the thermistors , you have a circulation problem , I think the pumps gone and when the boilers firing up the water isn't moving ,,, did u check to see if pump was turning by taking out the centre screw ? I know u changed it but my money's on da pump,
could be a blockage somewhere or a closed valve ,

I said to my brother it sounds like a blockage.

Yes the pump was spinning. The new pump is 5 months old could it have broken that quick?

Will be going back saturday to investigate.

Any other suggstions on what i can try?

Is it the old Cdi? Partial blockage in diverter?

Burner pressure ok?

Burner pressure was ok.

Will check the diverter next time.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 24CDI hw + ch tempremental. Already had new pump but problem is reoccuring. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock