Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm running trap for D2 pipework?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went to a job recently where the D2 pipe discharged into a 110mm drain. on the D2 pipe approx 100mm lower than the tundish was a 22mm to 22mm self sealing trap it was clear plastic device with a lil spring loaded piece of plastic and washer in it and it worked perfectly when discharging water. The only method ive known to before was a hepworth trap but that device was pretty impressive. Anyone have any idea what its called as ive had no luck trying to source one of them.

yeh the hepvo valve is the one i was referring to and as you say tried and tested. but the other device looked effective and alot cheaper and less bulky to do the same job is was about 6 cm long, ill have to get a photo of it next time im at the job if no-one else has heard of them.

try and get the name, i know the hepvo valve has been approved and building control will except this method.

there was no name on the product itself and i couldnt get hold of the installer easily so im on a mission to try and find out what it is, i knew i should of took a photo before but it just slipped my mind. ill be back there within a week or so tho so if i have no luck finding it ill get a photo!

It's designed to go on an overflow.And if the t+p goes,it will melt.

Saw one a couple of weeks ago.Put it down to be changed,but I'm on holiday,so hope one of the other guys have been back to sort.

The Hepvo valve is more commonly known as the fanny trap. I've seen the self seal overflow valve used on condensate pipes due to purpose made overflow pipe seals drying out and letting drain smells into property if left unused. Bad practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm running trap for D2 pipework?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock