Discuss 22mm gas inlet & a 15mm supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greigwal

I'mm looking at buying a worcester bosch Greenstar 12ri boiler, the technical docs for the boiler say it requires a 22mm gas supply pipe, however the existing supply is only 15mm, it must be stepped down somewhere between the meter & the boiler. Pulling up floors/kitchen etc is not an option so will the warranty be invalidated or performance affected if the 15mm is stepped up to 22 to connect to the new boiler? Would I be better ordering boiler with a 15mm inlet?

12Ri's can have a 15mm supply as long as you can achieve correct inlet pressure. Get an installer to advise you

My Mate's doing the install on a homer (fits aga's for a living & is gas safe) he's left the choice/purchasing etc to me! The only other gas appliance in flat is a hob so presume the pressure would be good only problem i have is i need to order tomorrow for fitting sunday or monday! would you install with 15mm Ally?

As long as the boiler is relatively close to the gas meter you should be ok

Cheers! It's on the same floor, probably somewhere between 5&10 metres away I'll lift some boards in the living room tomorrow to ensure the 22 from the meter runs through into the kitchen before being reduced and before ordering the boiler

Get your mate round to do a proper calculation for the pipe sizing before ordering anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm gas inlet & a 15mm supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock