Discuss 2 port wiring question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

correct as most dont have any sat ports on your unvented cylinder stat so you cant control them like that

thats why they always recommend to upgrade to an s plan

you could install a 28mm port valve and use the white wire as satisfied eg powered when closed
Every unvented cylinder stat I’ve come across has a satisfied port. Even on the Megaflo/OSO inbuilt stats do.

The way your suggesting to me wouldn’t meet any energy efficiency regs at all. As the boiler could be firing with no demand needed from the cylinder.

I do agree though trying to use a 3 port with a 2 port is daft. It’s better to convert to a S plan system.

Every unvented cylinder stat I’ve come across has a satisfied port. Even on the Megaflo/OSO inbuilt stats do.

The way your suggesting to me wouldn’t meet any energy efficiency regs at all. As the boiler could be firing with no demand needed from the cylinder.

I do agree though trying to use a 3 port with a 2 port is daft. It’s better to convert to a S plan system.

last mega flow and gledhill 300-400l didnt the stats had no ports (as any stat does) but not wired up

havent fitted an oso so cant comment

Here's the diagram you need.

Y Paln with 2 Port.png

Reply to 2 port wiring question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back