Discuss 15mm compression to 1/2 inch BSP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

preeve9534

My first post, so sorry if I seem to be a twit.

I need to get a T and a ball valve in a very tight space.

I think I can source (presently out of stock at the only supplier I could find) a 15mm x 1/2 BSP female x 15mm tee (I imagine the female thread will be parallel BSP).

I can easily get a 15mm x 15mm ball valve.

So a couple of questions (and some sub questions!)

1. I am guessing that the thread on the ball valve will be 1/2 BSP - is this the case? Are they all made this way?

2. If (1) then it is obviously possible to simply screw the ball valve into the BSP female on the T. But what are the gotchas I need to look out for? SInce the female thread is parallel I imagine I'll need a washer, but where? The back flange on the body of the ball valve is very narrow. Can you get a 15mm x 1/2 BSP male taper ball valve?

I'm going round in circles on this one. Any help much appreciated.

Paul

What about a washing machine tee valve and a 3/4" FI to 15mm and a 3/4" fibre washer

[h=1]Washing Machine Valve Tee 15mm x ¾" BSP[/h] Product Code: 60723 from screw fix

Last edited by a moderator:
What about a washing machine tee valve and a 3/4" FI to 15mm and a 3/4" fibre washer

Washing Machine Valve Tee 15mm x ¾" BSP

Product Code: 60723 from screw fix

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it's the main flow through the T that I need to valve-off. All the w/m T valves I could find were valve/BSP on the side arm. Hey ho!

Ahh! That is interesting. The job I'm looking at is emergency isolation of the HW tank (calorifier) from the engine cooling circuit on a boat, so the valve needs a handle so that it can be easily operated in an emergency, but I can now search for something similar with a proper operating lever or T-handle. Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm compression to 1/2 inch BSP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
S
I am fitting a new shower valve, it has 1/2 inch compression female in/outlets. I am using a 1/2 in ch to 15mm elbow to get me into my copper...
Replies
Views
I am trying to source adaptors/reducers for the below taps for my renocation We have the tap ware currently but Union adaptors are needed to fit...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'm new to this. Could you explain please: this fitting is described as - 'Brass Threaded Elbow - 1" BSP TM x BSP PF Elbow BSP Taper Male x BSP...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock