Discuss 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So if in that situation, you had a 3mbar drop on a g4 metre, your conscience gets the better of you and you decide to investigate. You isolate the appliances and prove the pipework is sound. You then test each appliance individually and find the gas valve on the fire is passing. What then? Do you leave it or have to condem it?

What do you mean ?
I could be done for trying to find a leak ?
I know it’s permissible but surely it’s better to be 100% tight if possible ?

next time you do a test after your done put your hand on the gas pipe and watch the gauge now imagine a windy / cloudy day the gauge could go down 3 - 4 mbar for nothing just a bit chilly

And yes as it’s within safe limits so in short your making work for your self

So if in that situation, you had a 3mbar drop on a g4 metre, your conscience gets the better of you and you decide to investigate. You isolate the appliances and prove the pipework is sound. You then test each appliance individually and find the gas valve on the fire is passing. What then? Do you leave it or have to condem it?

Have to remove / cap the appliance with permission if the original test was outside specd limits for said meter

Yeah but 3mbar is within tolerance so would you still have to cap it?

No within spec and no smell leave it you could note it down

As you wouldn’t go looking for one so no appliances removed / capped to test just the line

Reply to 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Good'ay Wondering what I have been doing wrong or what I should be doing differently. Have had some jobs lately where I will carry out a gas...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock