Discuss 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So if in that situation, you had a 3mbar drop on a g4 metre, your conscience gets the better of you and you decide to investigate. You isolate the appliances and prove the pipework is sound. You then test each appliance individually and find the gas valve on the fire is passing. What then? Do you leave it or have to condem it?

What do you mean ?
I could be done for trying to find a leak ?
I know it’s permissible but surely it’s better to be 100% tight if possible ?

next time you do a test after your done put your hand on the gas pipe and watch the gauge now imagine a windy / cloudy day the gauge could go down 3 - 4 mbar for nothing just a bit chilly

And yes as it’s within safe limits so in short your making work for your self

So if in that situation, you had a 3mbar drop on a g4 metre, your conscience gets the better of you and you decide to investigate. You isolate the appliances and prove the pipework is sound. You then test each appliance individually and find the gas valve on the fire is passing. What then? Do you leave it or have to condem it?

Have to remove / cap the appliance with permission if the original test was outside specd limits for said meter

Yeah but 3mbar is within tolerance so would you still have to cap it?

No within spec and no smell leave it you could note it down

As you wouldn’t go looking for one so no appliances removed / capped to test just the line

Reply to 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock