Search the forum,

Discuss Your opinion re socket near plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Trugmaker

Hi, I'm having a new kitchen installed and the Wickes fitter has put a surface mounted double electric socket just below washing machine/dishwasher waste pipes etc at the bottom of the base unit below the sink, I personally believe this is bad, but I know NOTHING about the rules, so rely on your advice or opinion.

I'm not going to look up the rules, but ask you a question back: Can you suggest a good place the sockets should go. You could get a suitable IP rated socket which would be better but personally I would put them in a cabinet without plumbing. I made my kitchen "designer" change their design and put in an extra 400mm wide unit that now has 3 doubles in the back. Yes that means I lost space elsewhere. Wickes I think have some good fitters (only meet after signing on the line) but their sales/designers can be a bit green (otherwise I'd prob have a Wickes kitchen LOL.)

One other point - are your internal sockets protected by RCCB? Hope they are (or will be) but I still wouldn't allow that as excuse for putting sockets in dumb places. I don't like abusing safety features.

I'll stop rambling now and let the professionals give you some better answers.

Cheers,

Roy. (amateur)

Reply to Your opinion re socket near plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock