Discuss Working for a letting agent for the first time...advise pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbenergy

Hello,
I have a meeting with a letting company soon to discuss working for them. I have just started my own company and have never worked for a letting agent before. Does anyone have any hints,tips or advise for me. I don't want to end up getting ripped off of the work cos i have no experience with letting agents and how it all works. Should I say I want to charge for boiler fault diagnostics as i have don't want to spend time going out fault finding and then not getting the job or payment for going. Also should i ask for other extra payments such as driving long distances or no show of tenant. Also any advise on pricing? should I say the more work the cheaper i can go or stick to say so much for the first hr then quote?

Thanks everyone, any comment greatly appreciated.

Tom

The biggest problem I find in rental properties is getting hold of the tanants to arrange access.
If you can get the agent to let you have keys for the properties it can save a lot of time.

check out their terms and conditions during the meet and read them well - go through it with a fine tooth coomb, or if your lazy like me get your missus to do it and blame her if it goes wrong, after that , if your happy then get involved. I know they have alot of bad press and I can appreciate why but if you get a few good ones to work with you will be doing well

never deal with letting agents goto the landlords direct. in my experience bad payers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working for a letting agent for the first time...advise pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock