Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Ri condense trap wouldn't stop leaking, help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John_

Hi all,

Please help. The other day I serviced a Worcester Ri boiler (2011 model) but struggling to get the damn condense trap stop leaking. After spending a long time I thought I did but today I got a call it leaking again. It seems that the trap is not seating onto the heat exchanger properly, and there is an o-ring in between and in good condition so I don't think its that. Anybody come across this or have any suggestion? I am GS BTW.

Many thanks

John

Is it pushed back in properly, can't see why it wouldn't seal if the o ring is ok.

Thanks all. Just my luck, went to supplier and got a new o-ring for it just in case. Got there and noticed that its not the same, also noticed the o-ring off the boiler is a bit flat so prob a bit worn. Went back to supplier about the part and they insisted its the part. Spoke to Worcester and they also confirm the correct part (part number at least anyway). Got the supplier to get another one just in case got mixed up on packaging. Still not right. The o-ring come out of the boiler is smaller and thicker than the one from the supplier - anyone come across this problem? Its a greenstar 15Ri. Have now ordered a new siphon for the sake of ten quid. Hopefully will fix the problem. How annoying!!

Thanks all. Just my luck, went to supplier and got a new o-ring for it just in case. Got there and noticed that its not the same, also noticed the o-ring off the boiler is a bit flat so prob a bit worn. Went back to supplier about the part and they insisted its the part. Spoke to Worcester and they also confirm the correct part (part number at least anyway). Got the supplier to get another one just in case got mixed up on packaging. Still not right. The o-ring come out of the boiler is smaller and thicker than the one from the supplier - anyone come across this problem? Its a greenstar 15Ri. Have now ordered a new siphon for the sake of ten quid. Hopefully will fix the problem. How annoying!!
it well could be that installer must have damaged o ring by not correct positioning it one the first place

by the way like your wife's web site :

do the women on the picture come with the sexy lingerie

Did wonder whether the one comes out of the boiler is original, but still doesn't explain why the o-ring from supplier doesn't fit as I tried it and still leak. So annoying. Quite tempted to wrap the o-ring that comes out of the boiler with PTFE, wonder if it works?

Did wonder whether the one comes out of the boiler is original, but still doesn't explain why the o-ring from supplier doesn't fit as I tried it and still leak. So annoying. Quite tempted to wrap the o-ring that comes out of the boiler with PTFE, wonder if it works?

I would have wrapped that o-ring! It's not even got much pressure to hold...

OMG forgotten about the signature! haven't been on the forum for a long while. She insist me putting them on. She even got a YouTube channel! :)

Just mentioned to her, she said the women come free when u buy the lingerie! I said hence the price ;)

I would have wrapped that o-ring! It's not even got much pressure to hold...

Initially didn't really fancy going down this route as it probably doesn't look very professional. I guess I will resort to this if the new siphon doesn't fix the problem. :(

The new siphon fixed the problem. Still the o-ring that the manufacturer specified completely different from the one the came with the new siphon is a mystery. Thx all for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Ri condense trap wouldn't stop leaking, help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock