Discuss Wobbly radiator and wobbly body. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
1. Wobbly radiator:

You know how they can be shifted from left to right on their brackets once fitted, but once pipe up and full of water they are stable. Well did 5 today and one remained able to be shifted left and right quite easily. Never had that before. It's not a tiny rad or anything, definetly sat on it's brackets properly, all connections water-tight. Planning in clipping vertical pipework tails to wall. That the best solution?

2. Wobbly body:

Can anyone offer me assuring, soothing words that the phase I'm in will pass. At the moment, not so long been working on my own, I almost feel I shouldn't take on long jobs because I don't eat, don't take a break (can't bare to until I'm done, no matter how much I tell myself I will before I begin) and pay no attention to my body when it wants a rest or is in pain and I end up coming home ruined. Is this normal and will I start to mellow out and take breaks etc or am I just a freak who will end up totalling his body?

Last edited:
I have had wobbly rads before where there has been a small crack where they have not been welded properly on the back of the rads . have a lil nose !!

My health is in a pathetic state ,,,,,,,diabetic type 1 oh the joy lol

If the rad is small enough to lift off the brackets yourself take it off and tap the hangers in a bit. This will make the plastic insert on the bracket touch the rad and hold it steady.

Never took a break as such at work for 30 years. Drink plenty coffee tho. Get yourself a flask cup and drink it throughout the day and get it refilled every time they offer. You get used to cold coffee. Chocolate keeps you ticking over too.
If i'm doing jobbing stuff i'll have something to eat if i pass somewhere.
Nothing does my nut in more than someone religiously taking breaks just because it is break time.

Nothing does my nut in more than someone religiously taking breaks just because it is break time.[/QUOTE]
now that really winds me up,apprentice in work always on the phone,having a ***,being a muppet or scratching his bum went mental with him on monday,told him to leave his phone in the house

Nothing does my nut in more than someone religiously taking breaks just because it is break time.
now that really winds me up,apprentice in work always on the phone,having a ***,being a muppet or scratching his bum went mental with him on monday,told him to leave his phone in the house[/QUOTE]

Lol i know exactly how you feel !!!

yeah they will slide the side to side if the wall behind is perfect, obviously if it isnt it will pinch the brackets a bit and hold the rad better. Iv always found this anyway.

To be honest I think your a bit of a muppet if you dont stop all day. I work with to many people who do it and they dont fair well... having to dose up on caffine and sugar isnt really healthy and you only get one body. Spoke to too many blokes who did it and suffer too much from the stress they put themselves under. I just tend to stop for half hour at lunch and maybe a cup of tea occasionally depending on the customer. Did stop alot more when i was employed, but its nice to give that bit more effort when it your own work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wobbly radiator and wobbly body. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back