Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec+831 - no hot water in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 831 (one with small circle buttons) and it has passed gas service not long ago. However, the problem I have is when there is a power cut, once the power has been restored, the boiler says 0c and will not heat water or radiators regardless of what (2 exceptions below). I have pressed reset (flame with line through it) countless times, but nothing.

Once, I got it working with a fluke, more than anything, as I had the gas cooker on cooking dinner, and ran the hot tap in the kitchen without thinking. I realized there was no hot water so pressed the reset button and within a minute or so I had hot water… However, this only worked that one time. Other time I left it for a few hours, and it came back on.

However, it sometimes can be left for many hours without any change, and boiler saying 0c.

Before I call a heating engineer out to see what can be done, I thought I would post on here to see if any of you have any idea what is going on with the boiler and hopefully, it is a very fast fix.

The area has had maybe 5/6 power cuts in the last few weeks (power people have the road dug up now near sub station now). Anyway, as this is a problem that has happened previous, I hope there is an easy cure.

I tried to look for any fault codes, but I can't ever find out how to get them, even by looking in the manual. The only one I have seen was S.0 and each time this was the only code I saw, even the 2 that did work in the end.

Status code S.00, below says there is no (central) heating demand, S.0, your status code may mean the same but obviously should reset.
Have you tried, once the house power is restored, switching the boiler power off/on?, then pressing the reset, otherwise the method you used by opening the HW tap and pressing the reset may work until you get a fix for your problem.

1671153263362.png

Hi all,

So just had power restored again, and boiler is doing the same thing.

I have run hot tap, then pressed reset a good few times but nothing (cooker was on as was doing lunch). Still, the S.0 error is showing.

Anyone any ideas of what is causing this?

Reply to Vaillant ecotec+831 - no hot water in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock